I led superpressure ballooning efforts at Bristol SEDS for two years, with 20 launches and over 200 cumulative days of flight.
- Low Cost Superpressure (less than $100 / envelope).
- Talk at the UKHAS Conference 2016: Recording, Slides.
- Longest superpressure flight with a primary battery (UBSEDS14).
- 157-day flight (Amateur record at the time) (UBSEDS18).
- Live imagery of a superpressure envelope in flight (UBSEDS20).
I have designed numerous balloon payloads to operate reliably in the harsh enviroment of the Stratosphere.
More generally, my competencies are:
- Electronics design for limited mass, limited power and extreme temperatures.
- Narrow-band radio for Telemetry, Tracking and Imagery.
- Embedded Systems (C, Python, Rust).
- PCB Design (KiCad, Eagle).
Small Superpressure Balloon Calculator - http://sp.richard.fish/
Pico Balloon Tracker - http://pico-tracker.richard.fish/